The Miami Station was built by Northern Pacific and the Manitoba Railway(N.P. & M.), N.P. & M was formed with help from the Manitoba Government. The Government helped because they were trying to break the monopoly Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR) on freight rates in Western Canada.
1901 was when N.P. & M. collapsed fiancially resulting in the Manitoba government to operate the railway while they sought a new operator. During this time, the Red River Valley Railway(RRVR) was in trouble again, in an attempt to resolve this issue, the Government leased the operations of RRVR and those of N.P. & M. to the growing Mackenzie & Mann empire - the Canadian Northern Railway(CNR). With the acquisiton of the lines from the U.S border to Winnipeg, the Winnipeg to Portage la Prairie lines of the RRVR, and the Brandon to Morris line from N.P. & M., the CNR gained an independant outlet to operate instead of acting as a feeder for the Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR).
Financial struggles in developing the Canadian Northern grew until 1913 when they demanded immediate action, this caused them to recieve money from the federal government. However the amount was insufficient which caused them to seek funding from investors in England, upon World War One breaking out and funds being frozen, this brought an end to the Canadian Northern Railway.
In 1917 the Federal Government took it over under the operating name of Canadian National Railways also known as CNR, CNR operated the Station until the close of the station in 1973.
The station was offered for sale and was purchased by the Midwestern Rail Association, On July 1st, 1975 the Association recieved the keys from the vice president of CNR: Mr. A. R. Williams. During the next year the Association endeavored to restore the station back to the original appearence with help from a Federal Grant for Labour. Since there was no record of the early furnishings, the Association decieded to dedicate the station to all rural Station Agents in Western Canada by duplicating the atmosphere of a rural station.
The Midwestern Rail Association had started their Winnipeg Train Gallery Project and could no longer maintain the Miami Station, so a local non-profit commitee took control and started repairing, and started to reopen the museum. However a new foundation was required, in 2007 the Miami Railway Station Museum Commitee purchased the station and replaced the foundation. The station is now home to art shows, concerts and is a landmark during Christmas time. It is a symbol for the town, the R.M of Thompson as well as being a tourist stop in the Pembina Valley.
1994 & 2007: